It's Winter

It’s winter. The cold breeze comes and caresses our bodies and chills us to shiver in cold. This is not like the cool and sweet breeze we have in Sri Lanka before or after a rain. I like to sit and watch the rain, how the water is pouring and makes circles on the ground. It gives the perfect colour to the tree leaves leaving them so crystal clear. Even the air seems so fresh after the rain and birds sing happily. Everything has come to alive and so my mind too. But I miss them all here.

I heard that it will only rain once a year in Dubai. Even in high noon I shiver like a person having fever. Cold climate is new to me, since in Colombo the temperature doesn’t go below 22°C. Although I waited impatiently for the arrival of winter, now I think Sri Lankan climate is the best.

If you happen to be in Dubai during summer you’ll not like to stay but to go back to cosy climate we have in Sri Lanka. I came to Dubai at the end of July and felt like I was thrown into a hearth. I was being scorched by hot breeze even without sun. The water in the taps was also hot, sometimes too hot to touch from naked hands.To tell you the truth I don’t like both of these climates I came across in Dubai.

0 comments: